Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Smart Enough?

2-22-2
Do you ever think that you are just not smart enough? That there are currents of meaning floating around in the air just in front of you that you simply cannot understand; that your receptors just did not work as well as they should; and that the final irony is that you were given enough intelligence, enough talent to notice that you are simply not smart enough to get it. Do you see someone throw a look at another person which the other person understands; but you are clueless as to the meaning? Do you read something and your eyes glaze over, your mind wanders to who knows where or you give it meaning that the author did not intend. Ever since I have given up the idea of God, which was so strongly tied into my idea of self, I have substituted the idea that you make your own meaning. So what does it matter if you do not comprehend others ideas. It does matter if you wish to be connected to others, I suppose. I wish for either more brains or people to be more literal. On the other hand if people were more literal, literature and art would be deadly boring. I am rambling, beginning to be boring, and as I was saying
Do you ever think that you are just not smart enough?

2 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Yes

9:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All the time, unfortunately. . .

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home