Friday, August 04, 2006

Impressions

7/23/01

The speech went well. I was thrown only when Carol asked me to speak to a slide that I was not supposed to speak to. The evaluations fairly reflected the difference in our speaking abilities. Since this was my very first speech, I think I did well and wouldn't even mind doing it on my own. The secret is preparation and knowledge.
Reno-
Inside
stupified people throwing money into machines- millions of twinkling lights.Stupid twiddle-diddle music and the loud sounds of quarters infrequently tumbling into the money tray.
Outside
Incredibly blue skys cloudless in the mornings, suprisingly pleasant temperatures, at 6thousand feet, thnner air. Reno is in the dessert, to have green grass you must water frequently. No one seems to walk here. I walked from Sparks where my hotel is located to downtown Reno along the Trukee River. The river path handout I received from the concierge said there was drinking water at three places along the trail. They should have said there was three water less drinking fountains.

2 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

I would like to see Reno. Love the desert air! nice to see your speech went well.
Yikes!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You speak to slides?

Huh.

Well, Data as you can see, speaks to his disembodied head so . . .

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home