Thursday, September 21, 2006

9-28-02 and 9-21-06 Not right Mr. No ReWrite

9-28-02
Friday at Border's and Saturday.
Free Cappuccino day.

Mary, Kate and Lauren are shopping. I have finished all but two of my chores. So I am here. Always drawn here when I am alone. I like the way the sun lights up the honey yellow chairs. I like to see people with books in their hands. Those with pens in hands stop, stare out at air and let their thoughts form.

The cappuccino is exactly the way I like it...strong. It has the desired effect. I am awake, alert, and observant.

Into the eyes of the beholder the words pore
On the lips of the student the words four
Into the brain of the reader the words tore
Into the heart of the lover the words soar
"I love you too."
9-21-06
OMG
Did I really write the above? Do I think a poem has to rhyme? And as for meter—it isn’t even a millimeter.

Should I go rewrite it or let it stand? Just call me Mr. No ReWrite.

3 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

is this still really 2002!
the words pore? like Mor
ton salt

4:38 AM  
Blogger Roberta said...

I like it Jack. No rewrite. It came from the heart.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Rich McDonough said...

I like it just the way it is, Jack. I like Jack being Jack. I'll except no imitations. You've a highly original mind.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home